Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) is a well-known free zone that has established itself as a global center for healthcare and wellbeing. With its cutting-edge facilities and complete variety of services, DHCC provides an unrivaled environment for healthcare firms to grow. This page will give a detailed reference to establishing a company in DHCC, including the benefits, types of licenses, facilities, and company creation procedures. Let us explore the world of DHCC Free Zone and see why it is the ideal location for healthcare businesses.
Overview: DHCC Free Zone
Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) was established in 2002 and has since become a well-known healthcare landmark, acting as an urban center for people and organizations seeking to develop their healthcare services. The Dubai Healthcare City Authority (DHCA) governs the world’s largest healthcare free zone, which is controlled by the Dubai Healthcare City Authority – Regulation (DHCR). It is separated into two phases: Phase 1 focuses on healthcare and medical education, while Phase 2 is dedicated to wellbeing. DHCC, which spans more than 26 million square feet, is conveniently placed between Oud Metha and Al Jadaf, with easy access to the core healthcare districts and the historic Dubai Creek.
How to Register a Business in DHCC Free Zone
The steps to register a business in DHCC free zone are:
- Choose Business Activity: Determine the type of business activity you intend to carry out in DHCC. Different activities may have specific requirements.
- Legal Structure: Decide on the legal structure of your business (e.g., Free Zone Limited Liability Company, Branch, etc.).
- Business Plan: Prepare a business plan. This may be required during the registration process.
- Name Reservation: Check and reserve a unique business name for your company. Ensure that the proposed name complies with DHCC’s naming guidelines.
- Submit Application: Complete the application form provided by the DHCC authority and submit all required documents. This may include your business plan, passport copies of shareholders, and other relevant documents.
- Legal Documentation: Prepare and finalize the necessary legal documents, such as the Memorandum of Association (MOA) and Articles of Association (AOA), in accordance with DHCC regulations.
- Office Space: Secure an office space within the DHCC Free Zone. DHCC typically requires a physical address for your business.
- License Approval: Once your application is reviewed and approved, you will receive the necessary licenses to operate in DHCC.
- Bank Account: Open a corporate bank account in a bank that is approved by DHCC. This is usually a part of the registration process.
- Final Approvals: After completing all required steps, you will receive final approvals and be officially registered to operate in DHCC.
Advantages of Setting Up a Business in the DHCC Free Zone
The advantages of setting up a business in the DHCC Free Zone are:
- 100% Foreign Ownership: One of the most significant advantages of DHCC is that it allows 100% foreign ownership of companies. This provides entrepreneurs with full control and autonomy over their business operations.
- Tax Benefits: DHCC offers attractive tax benefits, including 0% personal tax and 0% corporate tax, provided companies comply with all regulatory requirements. This favorable tax environment allows businesses to maximize their profits and reinvest in their growth.
- Wide Range of Medical and Healthcare Licenses: DHCC offers a diverse range of licenses to cater to different healthcare specialties. Whether you’re operating a hospital, outpatient center, diagnostic laboratory, or any other healthcare institution, DHCC provides the right license to meet your specific requirements.
- State-of-the-Art Facilities: DHCC boasts state-of-the-art facilities that meet the highest international standards. From cutting-edge medical equipment to modern clinic facilities, DHCC offers a conducive environment for delivering world-class healthcare services.
- Repatriation of Profits and Capital: Companies operating in DHCC enjoy the freedom to repatriate their profits and capital fully. This allows entrepreneurs to easily transfer funds to their home countries or invest them in expanding their businesses.
- Exemption from Customs Duty: DHCC offers exemption from customs duty for goods and services, facilitating cost-effective operations for businesses. This eliminates unnecessary financial burdens and supports sustainable growth.
- Access to Global Healthcare Professionals: DHCC provides businesses with a unique opportunity to network and collaborate with regional and international healthcare professionals. This fosters knowledge exchange, innovation, and the establishment of valuable partnerships.
- Attractive Investment Opportunities: DHCC is a thriving business center that attracts investors from around the world. With its robust healthcare ecosystem and the potential for high financial returns, DHCC offers attractive investment opportunities for entrepreneurs.
- Competitive Pricing and Low Operating Costs: DHCC offers competitive pricing and low operating costs, enabling businesses to optimize their expenses. This cost-efficiency allows entrepreneurs to allocate resources effectively and invest in growth initiatives.
Types of Licenses in the DHCC Free Zone
The main categories of licenses in the DHCC free zone are:
- Professional Service License: A professional service license is suitable for individual healthcare professionals who provide specialized clinical or non-clinical services. This license allows professionals to operate their own practice within DHCC.
- Commercial Trading License: A commercial trading license is ideal for businesses involved in the trading of pharmaceuticals, medical equipment, and related supplies. This license enables companies to import, export, and distribute healthcare products within DHCC.
- Industrial License: An industrial license is designed for companies engaged in manufacturing or producing healthcare-related products. This license allows businesses to set up manufacturing facilities and contribute to the growth of the healthcare industry
Documents Required for registering a company in the DHCC Free Zone
To set up a company in the DHCC free zone, certain documents are required. These documents include:
- DHCC application form
- Detailed business plan
- Copy of existing company brochure or profile (if available)
- Board resolution for establishing a company in DHCC (for corporate shareholders)
- Attested and notarized power of attorney appointing Creation Business Consultants as representative for company incorporation
- Passport copies of each director, shareholders, and general manager
- Copies of Emirates ID of director, shareholders, and general manager (for UAE residents)
- Completed personal information sheet of each director, shareholders, and general manager
- Lease agreement for business facility
- Certified true copy of all parent company incorporation documentation (for corporate shareholders)
- Memorandum and Articles of Association of the parent company (attested by appropriate authorities)
DHCC Free Zone Core Sectors
DHCC free zone specializes in the healthcare and pharmaceutical industries, making it an excellent choice for hospitals, outpatient medical centers, diagnostic laboratories, licensed healthcare professionals, medical education and research, medicines, and medical equipment supply.
Dubai Healthcare City (DHCC) is a booming free zone that provides several chances for healthcare firms. Its extensive range of services, cutting-edge facilities, and appealing business atmosphere make it a perfect choice for healthcare entrepreneurs. By establishing a firm in DHCC, you may take advantage of 100% foreign ownership, tax breaks, access to global healthcare specialists, and a supportive ecosystem that fosters development and innovation. With its strategic position and good business climate, DHCC free zone is the key to success in the healthcare sector. Explore the prospects in DHCC and propel your healthcare business to new heights.
Consult with OnDemand International Today!