Overview: Dependent Pass
Singapore is a destination for many people seeking employment and business opportunities. It is rather simple to apply for a work permit or a work visa in order to legally live and work in Singapore. Moving to Singapore can be an exciting and difficult experience, particularly if your family is involved.
Wouldn’t it be great if your family could accompany you while you live outside for work?
A Dependent Pass ensures that your family is able to do so. A Dependent pass permits your spouse, kids, and occasionally parents to accompany you if you are the holder of an Employment pass or an S Pass.
This article will describe what a dependent pass is and who is eligible for one. Additionally, we’ll go over how to apply for a dependent pass in Singapore and how to renew the permit.
What is a Dependent Pass?
A Dependent Pass is a type of pass which allows the dependents of the primary or the original holder of the Employment Pass and S-pass to accompany them to Singapore. A person who already holds an Employment Pass or an S-pass can apply for a Dependent Pass for their spouses and children to be able to visit Singapore. When the dependent gets a Dependent Pass, they can stay with the primary applicant, travel and explore, and in some cases be allowed to pursue education and employment.
Eligibility for a Dependent Pass
In order to be able to apply for a Dependent Pass, there are some eligibility criteria that need to be met:
- Firstly, the primary applicant should hold either an employment pass or an S-pass.
- The primary applicant must have a monthly income of at least $6,000.
- If it is supported by a reputable, Singapore-registered business (often your employer).
A dependent pass is provided for the family members listed below:
- Legally married spouse
- Children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 years.
The applicants of a Dependent Pass become eligible for Long Term Visit Pass after the pass has been approved and obtained. It allows a long-duration stay for the purposes of education, medical assistance, and employment.
Document Requirements for a Dependent Pass
The documents required in order to apply for a Dependent Pass are:
- A valid passport.
- A marriage certificate for married couples.
- Birth certificate if the dependents are children of the primary applicant.
- Medical test results.
- Proof of employment of the primary holder.
- Proof of funds of the primary holder that include bank statements.
Process of Application for a Dependent Pass
You can apply for a dependent pass via the MOM portal by following the steps mentioned below:
- First, you must confirm that you meet the requirements for a dependent pass visa.
- The following step is assembling the necessary paperwork that must be provided with the application, such as a marriage certificate, birth certificate, and so on.
- Once you have all the necessary paperwork, you must visit the Ministry of Manpower’s website, log in using your SingPass credentials, and complete the dependant pass application form.
- Provide the necessary documentation together with the application fee.
- Await the application’s processing. Using the Ministry of Manpower’s online site, the primary work pass holder can monitor the progress of the application.
- The notice letter for the pass will be sent to you through email as soon as it is granted.
Renewal Of a Dependent Pass
The Dependent Pass is valid for a period of 2 years. Beyond that, the holder of a dependent pass will not be allowed to stay in Singapore. In order to stay for a longer period of time, the holder needs to apply for the renewal of the pass. The application for the renewal of the pass can be done online on the official website or through the post. If the application of renewal needs to be processed online, it should be applied 6 months prior to the expiration of the dependent pass. In case the holder wants to renew the pass by post, then an application 3 months prior to the expiry needs to be processed.
A dependent pass allows the dependents of the primary holder to visit, travel and stay in Singapore. It makes the dependent eligible for a Long Term Visit Pass in order to extend their stay and obtain education and employment in Singapore. All it requires is to qualify for the eligibility criteria and get the document verification completed.
If you want to apply for a dependent pass, you may speak with experts from OnDemand International. With years of experience, our experts will ensure that all documents and information are properly submitted, increasing your chances of acquiring the pass. Contact us today to apply for the dependent pass in Singapore.
The Dependant’s Pass is a kind of visa that enables spouses and children of people with Employment Passes or S Passes to relocate to Singapore.
The spouse and children who are not married (those less than 21) of qualifying work pass holders are qualified for a dependant pass in Singapore.
In Singapore, a dependant pass application typically takes 3 weeks to process.
A Singapore-dependent pass is valid for a period of 2 years.
A rejected application for a Dependant’s Pass may be appealed within three months. You must appeal only if you are able to respond to the rejection’s arguments.