Residence Permit in Turkey in 2023
Are you planning to move to Turkey either to start a business, study or for any other reasons? If yes, then you must apply for a residence permit in Turkey. Residence permit in Turkey is required for foreign entrepreneurs who wish to begin an enterprise within Turkey and want to stay for in the country for over 3 months . It serves as an authorization to stay in Turkey for more than three months within six months for purposes such as settling, earning a living, or studying.
Residence permits can be of different categories such as short term, long term, student and so on. In this article, we will be covering the various forms of residence permit in Turkey. Along with that, we would also cover how you can apply for a permit in Turkey.
Who Requires a Residence Permit in Turkey?
A Turkey Residence Permit must be obtained upon arrival by anyone moving to Turkey with the objective of staying for a period of time exceeding three months. The duration of your stay in Turkey shall be regarded as unlawful if you do not have a residence permit.
Various Forms of Residence Permits in Turkey
Here are the different forms of residence permit in Turkey:
Short-term residence permit
Among all other residency permits, the Turkish short-term residence permit is the most sought-after. This residency permit may be obtained for a variety of activities, including starting a business, participating in Turkish programs, etc.
Long-term residence permit
You may apply for a Turkish long-term permit with a duration that is indefinite if you have lived in Turkey for a minimum of 8 years continuously and possess legitimate residency permission from the Turkish government.
Family residency permit
The foreign partner of a Turkish citizen, their young kids, and their dependent foreign kid are all eligible for a family residency permit.
Student residence permit
If you are residing in Turkey with the intention of attending in high school or college, you are eligible to apply for a student residency permit.
Permit for humanitarian residence
If you are staying in Turkey without an appropriate visa or residency permit, but no deportation order has been made towards you, you are awaiting your deportation, or you are unable to go back to your home nation due to an unforeseen circumstance, you can submit an application for this residence permit.
Relocate to Turkey with the short-term residence permit
Short-term Residence Permit
The temporary residence permit in Turkey is given to foreigners who own a home in Turkey or have incorporated an enterprise in the country.
They must submit certain papers in the Provincial Directorate of Immigration Administration and comply with the regulations for business in 2023:
The original as well as a duplicate of the passport.
Four photos (passport size).
Affirmation that they possess the sources to stay in Turkey for a maximum of one year, and also proving their documents should they be necessary;
A proof of ownership of an asset that is located in Turkey (in the event that they own one).
You are welcome to talk to us about your questions about residence permits in Turkey. We’re here to help those from abroad with migration to Turkey, make investments in Turkey legally way, as fast as possible, and also gain residence permits in Turkey.
Documentation needed to apply for a residence permit in turkey
Foreigners who wish to prolong their time in Turkey in 2023 and get a permanent residence permit instead of a Turkey permit for short-term stay permits needs to be present all the required documents to Turkish authorities, assisted by the Turkish legal counsel:
1. Application form.
2. The original and a copy of the passport.
3. Two photos (passport size).
4. A document that proves that the applicant didn’t receive any social assistance from the Turkish authorities.
5. A declaration that the applicant has assets to remain in Turkey for up to one year, and also proving their documents if needed.
6. An evidence of having an asset or property in Turkey (if they own one).
7. The original residence permit in Turkey.
8. Medical insurance.
9. Police records.
Applications for Residence permits in Turkey can be submitted on the internet directly and submitted to the Directorate General of Migration Management. However, first-time applicants must come in person to the Migration Office and show the necessary documents. A residence permit in Turkey is required when you plan to stay that is longer than 90 days. It could be granted to one person or a couple, a student, or for a temporary residence, and so on. Speak to our experts if would like to move to Turkey.
Process for foreigners to be employed in Turkish firms
- According to Turkish law, businesses can employ foreign workers in compliance with the regulations applicable to the field.
- It is required to possess a residence and work permit in order legally to carry out operations within a business.
- In this instance it is, you can get one from the Turkish Ministry of Labor that will handle the necessary documentation and formalities, but entrepreneurs must already have at least 5 employees to be able to employ foreigners.
- Furthermore, specific business documentation will be required upon the application for the Residence permit in Turkey.
Information on short-term touristic residence permits
Foreign citizens from other countries do not require visas to Turkey, must take into consideration additional formalities. For instance, they need to apply for a permit to reside in Turkey for tourism reasons. This permit guarantees an unconstrained stay in Turkey for a period of 1 or 2 years without imposing the requirement of not leaving the country during this period. Learn more about this issue by consulting Our legal experts from Turkey, who will also assist you relocate to Turkey.
Applying for a family residence permit in Turkey
Family residence permits are needed for those looking to be reunited with their family members in Turkey. Thus, this permit is available to spouses of foreign nationals who are Turkish citizens. Children of nationals from abroad wishing to travel to Turkey to reunite with their families must also possess a residence permit in Turkey authorization.
Here is some additional information to think about in obtaining a family residency permit to move to Turkey:
- People who are refugees or receiving protection in Turkey require a residence permit.
- If the parent is in charge of the kid, then the consent of either parent is required in order for the child to be allowed to be part of the family in Turkey.
- A residence permit in Turkey is a legal document that guarantees the right to study in Turkey up to the age of 18 and after that, the document is replaced by the appropriate one.
- The residence permit of families is in effect for three years. Additional requirements will be required when it is renewed.
It is important to remember that a Turkish legal professional will be able to provide legal guidance to help you through the simple procedure to obtain a residence permit in the country. Information about the residence permit in Turkey cost is also available out from our experts.
Turkish Health Insurance
Foreigners who apply for a long-term residence permit in Turkey or a Turkey shorter-term permit of residence must also show proof of insurance. In terms of the cost of this health insurance, that is not more than USD 100 and is valid for up to two years. It is possible to discuss the details of the residency requirements within Turkey by contacting one of our legal experts who will help you relocate to Turkey.
Process of immigration in Turkey
The number of immigrants to Turkey dropped dramatically since 2020. The decrease is due to the health crisis currently in place. Yet, Turkey has always been friendly and has embraced the movement of foreigners seeking new opportunities.
Here are some figures on the Turkish migration process, but without forgetting that you can reach our lawyers for more information regarding Turkey permanently residing or for information about the residence permit in Turkey costs if you want to relocate to Turkey:
- According to the most up-to-date figures for 2018, approximately three percent of immigrants are from countries like Bulgaria, Germany, Afghanistan, and Iraq.
- More than 10,000 Turkmen citizens moved to Turkey during the same year.
- In the year 2019, around 56,000 asylum requests were filed, Most of them came from countries like Iraq, Afghanistan, or Iran.
- Also, in the year 2019, approximately 455,000 immigrants were recorded.
Foreign entrepreneurs who wish to begin an enterprise within Turkey and want to stay for in the country for a brief period will require a temporary residence permit which is valid for one year. Foreigners who wish to prolong their time in Turkey in 2023 and get a permanent residence permit instead of a Turkey permit for short-term stay permits need to present all the required documents to Turkish authorities, assisted by the Turkish legal counsel.
If you want to get a residence permit in Turkey, you may speak with our professionals at OnDemand International. We would help you in deciding the type of permit suitable for you and further help submit an application to the relevant authority. Contact us today.
Turkey’s residence permits are required for foreigners who stay more than ninety days or longer than is allowed by the visa or exemption.
You must apply to turkey for a residence permit during the validity of your visa or visa exemption.
90 days is the legal deadline for filing a residence permit application. This period can be extended and information is provided.
You must have a travel document or passport that is valid for a minimum of 60 days beyond the time you request.