Online Trademark Registration in Chennai
A trademark can be defined as a name or phrase, logo, or blend of all of which differentiates the company’s goods and services from competitors. A trademark is a holder’s intellectual property and trademark ownership comes from the commercial use of the trademark. Brand names, business names as well as captions, taglines logos, symbols, emblems, and any combination of these are all secured by online trademark registration in Chennai.
In order to safeguard a trademark, the creator of the product has to submit an application to register the product. Registering the mark will prevent others from using it without permission.
In this article, we will discuss how you can do online trademark registration in Chennai. We will further discuss the documents, validity, and advantages of online trademark registration in Chennai.
Process of Trademark Registration in Chennai
- It is essential to be aware that both the goods and services are split into 45 trademark classes for the purpose of being able to use them in the online trademark registration in Chennai’s process. It is crucial to identify the class to which their products/services are placed and submit an application for that specific class.
- After categorization has been completed the application must be submitted to the Trademark Registry with all required details including the name of the applicant and his permanent address.
- The trademark application will be checked by the TM register to verify whether it meets the requirements. After Formality Check, Formality Check, the trademark application will be reviewed through the TM Registry.
- The information about the trademark will then be published in the Trademark Journal once the trademark is approved by the TM Registry. Anyone who is opposed against the online trademark registration in Chennai could submit a ‘Notice of Opposition to the Trade Marks Registry via Form TM-O, within four months of publishing the advertisement along with the fee required.
- The TM register will then send the certification that demonstrates TM registration to the person who applied for it within four months from the date of publication of advertorial in the publication, provided there are no objections or the trademark owner is able to overcome the objections made.
Expected paperwork for trademark registration in Chennai
- Identification, location, and nationality proof papers
- Application form
- Services and products for certification authorization
- Certifications for the trademarked entity and a digital copy containing the trademark or logo
- Specifics about applications that have been filed abroad
- Paperwork attesting to the trademark’s usage
Determining the status of trademark registration in Chennai
Use a browser on the internet to access the trademark search system to do a trademark search in India.
- At the very beginning of the screen, under Search Type, choose Wordmark.
- When searching the trademark database, type the wordmark you want to use.
- Type in the relevant class of trademarks.
- For the trademark search to start, select search.
Validity of online Trademark Registration in Chennai
A trademark will remain valid for the next 10 years after it has been registered. A trademark certificate may be renewed prior to when expiration and the owner is able to continue to safeguard the trademark from being harmed by third individuals.
Can an online trademark registration in Chennai protect the company name?
In accordance with the Companies Act of 2013, the name of a business cannot be confusingly similar or similar to registered brands. This provision can be used to stop a business from using particular names in the near future.
Thus, a name for a business is not able to be confusingly similar or similar to a trademark. This means that the company can’t be registered as trademarks have already been registered.
Entrepreneurs can take advantage of this section in the Companies Act, 2013, to protect company names they plan to utilize in the future to promote their business. It is essential that business owners currently sign a trademark under their business name to avoid having similar issues.
Advantages of Trademark Registration in Chennai
The owner of a trademark registration is granted exclusive rights to the mark. The trademark holder may have exclusive use of it and prevent others from utilizing it unlawfully in the same field for which it is authorized.
Trademark registration in Chennai makes it easier for customers to differentiate between your items from your competitors.
Protection Against Duplication
Using a wordmark or emblem that has been recognized as a trademark is prohibited and offers safeguards against duplication.
The trademark serves as a universal sign of the recognized status of your products and services, which encourages confidence as well as encouragement from customers.
Online Trademark registration in Chennai grants exclusive rights to the owner and differentiates the product from similar products and companies. Trademarks are considered to be an intangible asset for the owner and safeguard the name for a long period of time. Trademarks grant exclusive rights to an owner who utilizes such words as logos, slogans, and slogans. In a competitive market such as India, it is vital that brands are secured and protected.
If you are looking to do online trademark registration in Chennai, you may speak with experts from OnDemand International. With years of experience, our experts will make sure that your product qualifies for trademark registration and will further help you register your mark. Contact us today.
A trademark registered by a registered agent is a logo, symbol or word, slogan, or the name of a company. It safeguards your brand and prevents other companies from taking advantage of your intellectual property.
Trademark applications may be submitted online through IndiaFilings.com or through a trademark lawyer or agent. The trademark registration application should include the following information including the logo or Trademark. Address and name of the trademark’s owner.
“The goal of the law governing trademarks is to safeguard the rights of people who sell and manufacture goods with distinctive trademarks from infringement by others who pass off their products fraudulently with fake trademarks that resemble the trademarks of producers.
The trademark owner has the sole rights of identifying by its trademark the products or services that it grants for, as well as the exclusive rights to use the trademark to identify these goods as well as services.
No, the mark is only usable in India if it has been filed in India. The brand needs to be established individually for each nation.