Which digital signature needs the IEC code
The government is continually attempting to streamline the process of filling out applications and conducting transactions. Due to this, the government has implemented a digital system to authorize and simplify the procedure.
As a result, import and export firms can now obtain their IEC code online by providing the necessary paperwork and the IEC application online through the DGFT portal.
This article will teach you about IEC codes and which digital signature needs the IEC code.
Meaning of IEC code
IEC codes, also known as import-export codes, are distinct 10-digit codes provided by the Director-General of Foreign Trade (DGFT). The Importer-Exporter Code (IEC), a crucial corporate identity number, is necessary for all export and import firms.
It is necessary to obtain an IEC code for every individual who wants to launch their import or export occupation in India. Its validity lasts forever.
Need for Digital Signature for IEC code
Organizations exporting or importing goods can now submit their license applications and documentation online through the DGFT portal. The applicant can now utilize the Digital Signature Certificate to guarantee the legitimacy of the paperwork submitted as part of the IEC application. Hence, figuring out which digital signature needs the IEC code is essential.
All companies who desire to submit applications for permits and certificates through the DGFT portal will require a digital signature certificate for IEC. The DGFT utilizes this certificate to confirm the applicant’s identification and verify the submitted papers’ validity. After confirming the sender’s identification, the document’s legitimacy, and the digital signature certificate’s integrity, DGFT processes the paperwork for license issuing.
Advantages of obtaining an IEC Digital Signature
The following advantages can be attained by acquiring the IEC digital signature:
- It saves time and money as the application process can be sped up and simplified.
- It is important to know which digital signature needs the IEC code as the IEC digital signature is one of the most reliable and secure methods for online identity verification.
- Convenience is added, and it aids the applicant in reducing costs and saves time and work.
- It is not necessary for the individual or applicant submitting the license application to guarantee their physical presence to prove their identity to the relevant authority. It can be done online through the DGFT portal.
- Government agencies and associated organizations can digitize data to improve the system’s effectiveness.
- Due to the encryption and high level of security used, the risks associated with giving out personal information online as well as the use of the information for any other unlawful activity, can be avoided.
- If an application is completed online through the DGFT portal, the licensing fee is reduced by 50%.
Which digital signature needs the IEC code?
In 2018, the DGFT repealed the rule requiring a digital signature to submit an IEC application. However, to keep the procedure simple, this approach is still favoured as it improves the procedures for IEC registration and amendment.
If the applicant does not possess a DSC, then the applicant must send a physical copy of the application after filing the same in the online portal. DGST offers special digital signature certificates to import and export firms possessing its own IEC code. Import and export firms can save 50% on the licensing charge by employing the special DSC offered by DGFT.
It is important to know which digital signature needs the IEC code. Because for transactions in the DGFT portal, it is advisable to utilize a digital signature certificate as it guarantees the document’s legitimacy.
If a firm uses Custom House Agent to file an application, it must send a DSC along with the documents to verify the authenticity of the documents.
Individuals must possess a Class 3 Digital Signature Certificate to apply for an import or export license in India. A class 3 Digital Signature Certificate is additionally necessary if the individual wishes to register the firm or obtain the license as a sole representative. DSC is legally recognized. Therefore signing documents with it would give them the same value as if they had been signed.
Individuals may also employ a class 2 DSC in several IEC applications. However, the class 3 Digital Signature Certificate is the most reliable and secure. Thus, the users are advised to obtain a class 3 Digital Signature Certificate.
Acquire DSC for an IEC application
Since we have understood which digital signature needs the IEC code, understanding the justification for requiring a digital signature certificate for an IEC code is crucial.
A digital Signature certificate is issued by the Certifying Authority (CA) to verify and authenticate the identity of the person who owns the certificate. A digital signature certificate streamlines and expedites the verification procedure. Businesses can prevent illegal activities like identity theft by employing a digital signature certificate when submitting applications.
An IEC DSC allows registrants to conserve time and effort because they are not obliged to sign applications physically and submit them to the DGFT office. Hence, when applicants submit the IEC application and the requisite documents online through the DGFT portal, acquiring a DSC would help DGFT verify the document’s authenticity. Additionally, IEC DSC offers applicants a high degree of protection and stability by safeguarding all digital transactions.
Listed below are a few justifications for requiring a Digital signature for the IEC code:
- All the data is encrypted and can only be decrypted by the recipient.
- By digitally signing the documents, it will protect the document and will assist in preventing fraud and identity theft.
- It safeguards online transactional activity.
It helps DGFT verify the documents and issue the license or the code.
Procedure to register for an IEC code
One can follow the following procedure to apply for the IEC code.
- Open the DGFT website and carry out the registration procedure.
- Enter the registration information.
- Choose the “Sent OTP” option after entering the necessary information.
- After providing the OTP, press the “Register” button.
- After the OTP has been submitted and verified successfully, a notice including the temporary password will be sent to the user, who can alter it once they have logged into the DGFT portal.
- After completing the registration process, log in to the portal using your username and password.
- On the DGFT site, select “Apply for IEC” choice.
- Select the “Submit and Generate IEC Certificate” option when completing the application form, submitting the necessary paperwork, and making the payment.
- The DGFT shall create the IEC code. After the IEC code has been produced, you can print out a copy of the certificate.
Procedure to register DSC on DGFT portal
- Log in at the DGFT portal.
- Visit ‘My dashboard’ and go to ‘view and Register Digital Signature token.’
- Click View and Register Digital Signature Token after that.
- Select ” Register New DSC” and fill out the details.
- A success message is shown following a successful signing.
- Once an individual has successfully registered their digital signature information, they can access it under their current digital signature details and access it to do any activity on the IEC.
Book free end-to-end experts consultation with Odint finance and legal experts
The above article briefly discusses IEC codes, and along with that, it also explains which digital signatures need the IEC code.
You can speak with Odint Consultancy if you have additional questions about IEC codes and which digital signature needs the IEC code. We will be pleased to respond to all of your questions.
An IEC code is a 10-digit unique code provided by DGFT to import-export firms.
A DSC is necessary for the IEC code to confirm the validity of the documents presented as part of the IEC application. Additionally, DGFT uses a digital signature certificate to confirm the legitimacy of the papers and applicants’ identities and assists in the license issuance process.
IEC code needs Class 2 and Class 3 DSC issued by a Certifying Authority, and the DSC’s validity should be valid.