Dependent Passes For Employment Pass Holders In Singapore


    Get 30 minutes of expert counselling. No Spam.No Sharing. 100% confidentiality

    Get Expert Assistance

    Book a 30-minutes Consultation from a Legal and Financial Expert Now.

    Fill up the simple contact form available on this page.

    Our experts will call you to understand your requirements.

    You will receive complete details along with the personalized quotation in your email.

    Table of Contents

    dependent pass

    Overview: Dependent Pass

    Singapore is a destination for many people seeking employment and business opportunities. It is rather simple to apply for a work permit or a work visa in order to legally live and work in Singapore. Wouldn’t it be great if your family could accompany you while you live outside for work? A Dependent Pass ensures that your family is able to do so.

    What is a Dependent Pass?

    A Dependent Pass is a type of pass which allows the dependents of the primary or the original holder of the Employment Pass to accompany them to Singapore. A person who already holds an Employment Pass or an S-pass can apply for a Dependent Pass for the family to be able to visit Singapore. When the dependent gets a Dependent Pass, they can stay with the primary applicant, travel and explore, and in some cases be allowed to pursue education and employment.

    Eligibility for a Dependent Pass

    In order to be able to apply for a Dependent Pass, there are some eligibility criteria that need to be met.

    1. Firstly, the primary applicant should hold either an employment pass or an S-pass.
    2. The primary applicant must have a monthly income of at least $6,000.
    3. The family members for which a Dependent Pass is applicable include a legally married spouse and children who are unmarried and under the age of 21 years.

    The applicants of a Dependent Pass become eligible for Long Term Visit Pass after the pass has been approved and obtained. It allows a long-duration stay for the purposes of education, medical assistance, and employment.

    Document Requirements for a Dependent Pass

    The documents required in order to apply for a Dependent Pass are:

    1. A valid passport.
    2. A marriage certificate for married couples.
    3. Birth certificate if the dependent are children of the primary applicant.
    4. Medical test results.
    5. Proof of employment of the primary holder.
    6. Proof of funds of the primary holder that include bank statements.

    Process of Application for a Dependent Pass

    A Dependent Pass can be applied for in the following simple steps:

    1. Firstly check that you qualify for all the eligibility criteria and have the documents updated and ready.
    2. The next step is to fill out the application form and pay the fees for registration.
    3. Find the nearest embassy to visit and get the documents verified.
    4. After the documents have been verified, the consular officer will state the decision.
    5. If all the requirements have been fulfilled and the documents are verified, you will be able to receive the Dependent Pass.

    Looking for an Expert Guidance?

    Get 30 minutes of free consultation
    with our company formation experts!

      Renewal Of a Dependent Pass

      The Dependent Pass is valid for a period of 21 months. Beyond that, the holder of a dependent pass will not be allowed to stay in Singapore. In order to stay for a longer period of time, the holder needs to apply for the renewal of the pass. The application for the renewal of the pass can be done online on the official website or through the post.  If the application of renewal needs to be processed online, it should be applied 6 months prior to the expiration of the dependent pass. In case the holder wants to renew the pass by post, then an application 3 months prior to the expiry needs to be processed.


      A dependent pass allows the dependents of the primary holder to visit, travel and stay in Singapore. It makes the dependent eligible for a Long Term Visit Pass in order to extend their stay and obtain education and employment in Singapore. All it requires is to qualify for the eligibility criteria and get the document verification completed.


      Get 30 minutes of expert counselling. No Spam.No Sharing. 100% confidentiality

      odint Consulting

      Quick Links


      4.8+ Star Reviews

      Our Offices

      Nieuwezijds Voorburgwal 104 Amsterdam – 1012 SG, The Netherlands


      501 Silverside Rd, Suite 105 Wilmington, DE 19809 USA

      Phone +16503831061

      Our Offices

      WeWork Platina Tower, Sikandarpur, Gurugram Haryana 122002

      Phone: +919643460171

      398-2416 Main St Vancouver BC V5T 3E2 CANADA

      Phone +16503831061

      Share on facebook
      Share on twitter
      Share on linkedin

      ©2021 ODINT Consulting LLP

      Share to...