What is a B V in the Netherlands?
Besloten Vennootschap also called BV, is a term in Dutch for Limited Liability Commerce (LLC). It is nothing but a structure in the world of business with legal traits. In simple words, anyone starting any new business activity in the Netherlands be it an investor or a businessman, can set up a besloten vennootschap (BV) company. One can establish a BV by themselves alone being the owner or director with the other required legitimate documents.
Usually, a private company keeps a manager or a supervisor to look after its board of members or other people who are of great value to the company. But in the case of besloten vennootschap, the owner is the only one. One can look out for more than one director or official executive but there is not an official requirement for it.
The Dutch are regarded as one of Europe’s most attractive places for business initiatives. While the Dutch offer many advantages for a business to succeed, it is critical to pick the correct form of firm to meet your requirements.
Dutch Besloten Vennootschap – Private Liability Company
For the purposes of lawsuit or revenue, this type of company is deemed a separate body independent from its stockholders and has its existence in the eyes of the court. In order to participate in commercial activity, these businesses must also enroll with the Dutch Trade Register.
Characteristics of a Besloten Vennootschap (BV)
- The BV’s core development history must be written in the Dutch language.
- The existing Dutch regulation does not mandate a fixed level of BV registered equity.
- One shareholder is the minimum number of shareholders a BV can have.
- English is spoken fluently by 93% of native speakers.
- With a corporate tax rate of 15%, in Europe.
- All commercial ventures are authorized, and minimal services are provided.
Advantages of a Besloten Vennootschap
Netherlands BV is a highly adaptable and dynamic company. It has numerous benefits and can be utilized for a variety of reasons.
The following are as follows:
- The firms have the ability to serve as shareholders and directors of other organizations.
- A country’s exports may own by the BV corporation as a branch. It is permissible to have a member from another country.
- In global commerce, the besloten vennootschap is well-known.
- The BV has one of the cheapest prices in the world.
- It provides us with trade liberalization.
- It can be founded in a short space of time with almost no constraints.
- Non-residents are allowed to form and operate BVs.
How to register a Dutch Besloten Vennootschap
The information about the management board, shareholders, the company’s commercial activity, share capital, and registration address should all be included in the official paperwork in Dutch.
Steps that include the process of registration are as follows:
- Confirming the name of the firm, its accessibility, and booking it.
- Gathering quality assurance materials to provide to the licensing administrator.
- Written consent of official paperwork and the certificate of the establishment must be presented.
- Establishment in the Netherlands’ listed companies.
- It is mandatory to enter with the tax department.
- Establish a payment method and transfer the company’s funds.
- Launch the management of the company.
The registration of a VAT number is highly recommended for most enterprises. The corporation does not have to charge VAT for transactions between European member states if it has a valid VAT number. The corporation may also be able to recover back the VAT paid in the costs of the business.
Factors to consider while establishing Besloten Vennootschap
- Incorporation is the process of writing the laws in a testamentary act.
- Your registration must be reported to the Dutch Taxation Administration.
- A constitutional registrar normally performs the certification in the KVK Commercial Register.
- Making a basic cash deposit as initial capital.
The Stage of Development
One can begin trading way before they build in their private limited company, making sure that the KVK Commercial Registration is done and it is officially certified under a constitutional registrar.
Make sure you’re representing the interests of a ‘BV io’ when you negotiate deals with trading partners. You will be individually responsible for the actions on behalf of ‘BV io’ for anything that comes in a legitimate document form. Self-employed folks may add ‘BV io’ to their name because they are still establishing themselves.
Requirements to run a Besloten Vennootschap
- A basic cash deposit, as the initial capital.
- Constitutional registrar cost.
- Administrative cost.
- A one-time cost for the KYC Commercial Registration.
Taking Money out from a BV
The owner of the company has to go through a type of test in order to be able to withdraw money from their besloten vennootschap. One can only do so if their BV has enough money is stored. This works to keep the value of a stock and guarantees that suppliers are given their part of the share on time.
The executive board of the besloten vennootschap (BV) must safeguard the interests of its investors by determining whether the besloten vennootschap (BV) will be able to satisfy its payment commitments for at least a year soon after the end. If this is the case, the drawdown must be officially submitted for approval to the owner. The executive board is not entitled to continue if this is not the case.
Accountability for Dutch B.V
When running and owning a private company, technically it is not the responsibility of just one person to look over the debts. Banks, on the other hand, typically require the founder for mortgages as a juristic person and as the main owner.
There are some other situations too when one can be held accountable, they are as follows:
- Expenditures that could affect the besloten vennootschap’s economic state.
- When the besloten vennootschap engages in unduly and unrealistic commitments knowing that it would be unable to meet its obligations.
- When neglected to notify the Dutch Tax and Administration of the inability to pay payroll taxes on time.
- When the BV has been confirmed as officially drowning in losses due to mismanagement or negligence.
Personal accountability for loan repayment or the repercussions of incompetence is carried out by all trustees who were involved in the formation of the besloten vennootschap.
Authorization to sign in a single hand
The Articles of Associations states that “Directors may sign contracts or conduct certain legal acts on behalf of the firm either jointly or individually.”
A CEO can also delegate authority to another person. After which the person appointed may act on behalf of the corporation. Although it is not required to register this individual with the Registration Office, it can be beneficial.
Pension and other Benefits
You are employed by the besloten vennootschap and covered by social insurance as the chairman but there are exceptions to this rule too, they are as follows:
- More than two-thirds of the corporations are held by the close and current members of the employee’s family.
- The employee can’t be fired if they don’t want to be.
- The employee must receive more than 50% of the votes at the investor’s meeting.
Ways if One wants to put an end to Dutch BV
If one wants to liquidate your organization, one can either move their money or transfer the organization from the besloten vennootschap by trading its infrastructure, inventories, and other assets.
One must pay income tax on the money from the sale of their shares as the owner of the company. If a business is sold, the proceeds must be taxed as a corporation.
Assuming a shareholder in the divesting besloten vennootschap, then this holding company, if it owns 5% or more of the shares, theoretically pays no tax on the revenues. A formal decision from the general meeting of shareholders is required to end the Dutch bv. The Dutch bv must then pay all its debts and dividends before going out of business.
Dutch NV – Public Liability Company
Dutch NV is a Public Liability Company company, a part of your assets will be put up for selling on the trading platform. Check how many assets are offered on the foreign trading platform, as some corporations have been purchased out by members of the public, even though this is an uncommon occurrence.
Characteristics of Dutch NV
- An NV, like a Dutch BV, must be founded through legal action.
- People on the board of council wield the reins.
- The board of council members might need to be monitored by a body of functionaries.
- The Dutch corporate register does not list investors.
- Before a corporation can go public, it must have a certain amount of shareholdings.
For more queries and assistance contact Odint Consulting, they are top-notch when it comes to providing the following services:
- All the required research and consultancy before starting a besloten vennootschap.
- VAT number
- Beginning the initial state of establishing a Dutch BV
- Helping in fulfilling the tax returns.
- Offering numerous companies related services.
The Dutch is a kind of place that welcomes capital inflow. Anybody, regardless of where they are from, can become a partner in a Dutch Limited Company and form a Dutch BV.
No, our agents will ensure that all formalities are conducted in English or any other language that you are comfortable in. Authorities from the Netherlands will be able to converse in English and all the basic necessary languages.
Some of the main reasons why you should form a BV corporation in the Netherlands are as follows:
- The Netherlands is top-notch when it comes to providing great leads from its local markets.
- An excellent area to do business if you want cheap or no burden of money.
Lastly, it is the perfect hub for smooth transportation in one of the major ports for a high-running business.
Limited liability companies (LLCs) in the Netherlands should have at least a Chief Executive and one Investor. It is optional to appoint Supervisors to the company’s Managing Board to represent the shareholders.
Setting up a firm in the Netherlands is the initial stage in seeking citizenship as a non-EU entrepreneur; following that, a proposal can be submitted to the border officials. Our visa colleagues will be happy to inform you of our consultants.