Ras Al Khaimah is the UAE’s northernmost emirate. It is one of the seven emirates in the United Arab Emirates with many types of rising prospects. It is near to Dubai and easily accessible by several kinds of transportation. It boasts a huge seaport and international airports that link it to the rest of the globe. As a result, Ras Al Khaimah has growing investment prospects.
Its proximity to the Arabian Gulf facilitates transportation inside the city. Ras Al Khaimah’s port is located in the city, making it simple to export many types of items. Ras Al Khaimah is often known as ‘RAK,’ a popular term among investors. It has two international airports and is near to the Strait of Hormuz. As a result, this commercial nexus is accessible to billions of customers.
The free zones are well-known in all of the emirates. Likewise, RAK has a free trade zone. The Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone, which is a great alternative to Dubai for business registration, is the name of this free trade zone. This free trade zone has many types of businesses as well as warehouses. There are no taxes paid on enterprises operating in this free trade zone. This sort of tax includes both personal and capital gains tax.
When compared to other emirates, the procedure of registering a corporation in Ras Al Khaimah is fairly simple. The procedure of business formation in Ras Al Khaimah requires at least one shareholder and one director.
Procedure for Company Registration in Ras Al Khaimah
Setting up a company in Ras Al Khaimah is a straightforward process, designed to attract foreign investors and entrepreneurs. Here’s a step-by-step guide to the company formation procedure in Ras Al Khaimah:
Choose a Business Activity: Determine the type of business activity you want to engage in. RAK offers various sectors, including manufacturing, trading, and service industries.
Select Your Business Entity: Ras Al Khaimah offers several business structures to choose from, including
- Free Zone Company
- Mainland Company
- Offshore Company
Select a Company Name: Choose a distinct and appropriate name for your firm while adhering to the naming standards established by the Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone (RAKEZ).
Obtain Preliminary Approvals: You may need to seek preliminary approvals from the relevant authorities depending on the sort of company entity you pick.
Notarize and draft the Memorandum of Association (MOA): Prepare the Memorandum of Association (MOA), which outlines the company’s structure, shareholders, and operations. Check that it complies with local laws.
Register Your Company: Submit all required documents to the Ras Al Khaimah Economic Zone or the Department of Economic Development, depending on your chosen business entity.
Get Your Trade License: Once your company is registered, you can apply for the necessary trade licenses to commence your business operations.
Documents Required for Company Registration in Ras Al Khaimah
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association
- Approvals from the appropriate ministries
Application for a Licence
- Information about the company’s shareholders and directors
- Passport and Visa Copies
- Commercial Property (rental agreement).
- A duplicate of the trade name certificate
- No Objection Certificate, Visas, and Passport Photocopies
Requirements for Company Formation in Ras Al Khaimah
Before diving into the world of business, it’s essential to understand the requirements for company formation in Ras Al Khaimah:
- Capital Requirements: The minimum share capital requirements differ depending on the type of corporate entity selected. A Free Zone Company, for example, often requires less initial capital commitment than a Mainland Company.
- Local Sponsorship: In some cases, a local sponsor may be required to establish your business in Ras Al Khaimah. However, Free Zone companies are exempt from this requirement.
- Office Space: Depending on your business structure, you may need to lease office space in Ras Al Khaimah. Free Zone companies often benefit from flexible office space solutions.
- Visa Requirements: If you plan to live and work in Ras Al Khaimah, you’ll need to obtain the necessary visas for yourself and your employees.
Types of Business Entities for Setting up a Company in Ras Al Khaimah
Ras Al Khaimah provides a wide range of corporate organizations designed to fulfil the unique demands of entrepreneurs and investors. Let’s explore the primary options:
Free Zone Company:
- Ideal for new businesses and small to medium-sized businesses (SMEs).
- 100% foreign ownership is permitted.
- Tax exemptions, full repatriation of profits, and zero import/export duties.
- Easy access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and business support services.
- Suitable for businesses aiming for a broader market reach.
- Allows for trading within the UAE market.
- Depending on the business activity, a local sponsor or a service agent is required.
- Access to a diverse range of business opportunities in Ras Al Khaimah and throughout the UAE.
- Perfect for international investors and asset protection.
- Provides privacy and confidentiality for shareholders.
- No physical office space is required.
- Limited reporting and auditing requirements.
Benefits of Company Formation in Ras Al Khaimah
Now that we’ve covered the basics, let’s delve into the myriad benefits of establishing your company in Ras Al Khaimah:
Ras Al Khaimah is regarded as a highly vital location for company establishment. This emirate has more than two seaports, making transit easy. This site is one of the most important marine ports in the Middle East, receiving oil and freight commodities.
Free Trade Zone
The free zones are well-known in all of the emirates. Likewise, RAK has a free trade zone. The Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone, which is a great alternative to Dubai for business registration, is the name of this free trade zone. This free trade zone has many types of businesses as well as warehouses. There are no taxes paid on enterprises operating in this free trade zone.
Ras Al Khaimah is the most northern emirate. This is found in the Arabian Gulf and the Straits of Hormuz. Ras Al Khaimah International Airport and Dubai International Airport are the two international airports. This would make it advantageous for many investors to go. It also serves as a hub for nations in Africa, Europe, and Asia. As a result, several investors will seek to conduct business in Ras Al Khaimah.
RAK has signed many types of double taxation accords with other countries. There are around 90 similar double-taxation treaties in place with foreign nations. As a result, investors in these nations would not be taxed twice for each investment made. The Ras Al Khaimah Free Trade Zone (RAKFTZ) is a convenient location for business registration. This free trade zone does not have any taxes. This includes any personal or capital gains taxes. Ras Al Khaimah’s administration has engaged in several agreements with Japan to work on the development of free trade zones.
Conclusion: How OnDemand International Can Help
Ras Al Khaimah presents a unique opportunity for entrepreneurs and investors to establish their businesses in a thriving and business-friendly environment. With its strategic location, tax advantages, and streamlined company formation procedures, it’s no wonder that Ras Al Khaimah has become a popular choice for businesses looking to expand their horizons. Partnering with OnDemand International can further simplify the process, ensuring a seamless journey towards business success in Ras Al Khaimah. Don’t pass up the chance to be a part of this dynamic business landscape.
As you embark on your journey to establish your business in Ras Al Khaimah, partnering with a reputable business setup consultancy like OnDemand International can significantly simplify the process. Our team of experts is well-versed in the intricacies of company formation in Ras Al Khaimah, ensuring a hassle-free experience for entrepreneurs and investors.
The length of time it takes to register a business in RAK is determined by several factors, including the type of company being formed, the complexity of the application, and the workload of the appropriate authorities. However, in most cases, the process can be completed in a matter of weeks.
The cost of starting a company in RAK varies based on the type of company being founded, the free zone or business park chosen, and the professional services required. However, in general, the costs are modest.
No, you do not need a local sponsor to establish a business in RAK. Foreign investors are permitted to own 100% of their businesses in RAK.
Yes, even if you are not a UAE resident, you can establish a corporation in RAK. There is no requirement for RAK company directors or shareholders to be UAE residents.