Sharjah Media City (Shams), a vibrant hub of creativity and innovation, has emerged as a premier destination for entrepreneurs and investors seeking to establish their ventures in the dynamic media landscape of the United Arab Emirates (UAE). With its strategic location, world-class infrastructure, and a plethora of business-friendly incentives, Shams presents a compelling opportunity to launch and grow successful enterprises. This article delves into the procedure, requirements, types of business entities, and benefits of setting up a company in Sharjah Media City.
Procedure of Company Formation in Sharjah Media City
Forming a company in Sharjah Media City is remarkably streamlined and efficient, ensuring a seamless experience for business owners. The key steps involved are:
- Name Approval: Begin by submitting a name approval application, passport copies, and passport-sized photographs of the shareholders and directors.
- Application Submission: Once the name is approved, complete and submit the company formation application through the Shams Portal. This entails giving thorough details on the suggested company ventures, directors, stockholders, and management.
- Documentation Review: Shams authorities will review the submitted documents and conduct necessary due diligence checks.
- License Issuance: Upon completing the review process, Shams will issue the company’s business license, enabling it to commence operations within the free zone.
Essential Requirements for Company Registration in Sharjah Media City
To create a business in Sharjah Media City, a few basic prerequisites must be fulfilled:
- Shareholder Details: Provide comprehensive information about the company’s shareholders, including their nationalities, passport copies, and Emirates ID copies (if applicable).
- Business Plan: Provide a comprehensive business plan that outlines the target market, financial estimates, strategies, and objectives of the organisation.
- Director and Manager Details: Submit similar details for the company’s directors and managers, including their passport copies and residency status.
- Business Activities: Clearly define the specific business activities the company intends to pursue within Shams.
Types of Business Entities for setup a company in SHAMS
Sharjah Media City offers freedom for entrepreneurs to select the best form for their businesses by accommodating a broad range of business structures:
- Limited Liability Company (LLC): The most popular option, providing stockholders with little liability protection.
- Free Zone Entity (FZE): A single-shareholder entity with simplified registration requirements.
- Branch Office: An extension of an existing company operating outside the UAE, allowing for expansion into Shams.
Types of License in Sharjah Media City
There are different types of License required in Sharjah Media City Company Formation
- Trading license: This allows you to import and export goods or sell them inside the Shams-free zone. The trade license covers the following activities: transporting products, selling items at wholesale and retail, and providing services associated with the sale of these goods. The last phases in the distribution of goods are wholesale and retail.
- Service License: A service license gives you the ability to create, duplicate, modify, and offer various services. A service license permits the use of products to provide services as well as the primary goal of providing services.
- Industrial License: With an industrial license, you could start a company that manufactures, produces, re-produces, or transforms goods.
Benefits of Establishing a Company in Sharjah Media City
Shams offers an enticing range of advantages to companies, creating an atmosphere that is favourable to expansion and prosperity:
- 100% Foreign Ownership: No restrictions on foreign ownership, allowing complete control over the company.
- 0% Corporate and Personal Income Tax: Enjoy a tax-free environment, maximizing business profits.
- Good Location: Strategically positioned near Sharjah International Airport and Dubai International Airport, providing excellent connectivity.
- Shared Desk Facilities: Utilize shared workspaces to reduce initial expenses.
- Visa Allocation: Obtain up to 12 visas for employees and dependents.
- Modern Infrastructure: Access state-of-the-art facilities and support services.
Post Incorporation Documents
- Certificate of Incorporation
- Occupancy Agreement
- Memorandum of Assosiation
- Share Certificate
OnDemand International: Your Gateway to Business Success in Sharjah Media City
OnDemand International, a leading business setup consultancy, specializes in guiding entrepreneurs and investors through the company formation process in Sharjah Media City. Our expert staff provides complete help, assuring a smooth and effective incorporation process. Contact Us today.
There is no minimum capital requirement for forming a company in Sharjah Media City.
Yes, the company formation process can be completed remotely, eliminating the need for physical presence in the UAE.
The company formation process in Shams is typically completed within 2-3 working days.
Shams offers a wide range of permitted business activities, including media, technology, advertising, and marketing.
Yes, you can obtain up to 12 visas for employees and dependents based on your company’s visa quota