Overview: Singapore Long Term Visit Pass (LTVP)
It’s really no secret that Singapore’s economy is doing great, and the nation’s economy is currently one of the best in the globe. This business environment, combined with superb facilities, and a friendly and helpful administration, makes Singapore one of the country’s most appealing advanced collegiate schools of business. Nevertheless, almost all of them put restrictions on the duration of service or the family situation that can accompany them. Singapore provides members of the family of visaholders with a variety of permits. The Dependent’s Permit is by far the most prevalent, however, the Long Term Visit Pass is a preferable alternative.
If you have an employment pass or S Pass and want to bring your partner, children, or disabled child to Singapore, they must qualify for a long-term criterion have been met.
But in order to do that, we must first comprehend the meaning of the Singapore long-term visit pass as well as its types, eligibility requirements, duration, and all other necessary information.
What Is Singapore Long Term Visit Pass?
The Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) is for a Work Visa or S Pass owner’s widely accepted companion, adopted child, or disabled child. Parents’ passes are also available to pass-bearers with incomes exceeding $12,000.
On account of the applicant, an employer or designated recruitment representative must submit an LTVP application.
Types of LTVPs In Singapore
Two categories of LTVPs are available, each authorized by a respective Singaporean authority, they are as follows:
- The Singapore Immigrant and Security checks Authorities have issued this. It functions as an augmentation of implementation in short terms Visit permits. International visitors who wish to remain in Singapore for lengthier than thirty days are allowed by the brief visit permit can do so.
- The Department of Labor and Employment, MOM issues this to friends and family of foreign employees who do not qualify for the Incredibly Dependent Permit but want to reside in Singapore with their family friends, and relatives.
Eligibility for Singapore Long Term Visit Pass
On a longer-term Visit permit, qualified Professional Permits or Business permit holders can bring select relatives to Singapore.
If you satisfy the required requirements, you could apply for a long-term visit pass at the ICA:
- An immigrant’s parents or grandparents who are in Singapore on a temporary permit.
- An immigrant who wishes to have a child in Singapore.
- A Singaporean Foreign national or Eligible Resident’s dependent kid under the age of 21.
- A Singaporean native or Eligible Owner’s parents.
- A postgraduate of an educational facility who wishes to work in Singapore.
- A Singaporean expatriate or Foreign Owner’s partner.
If an international professional on a Work Permit in Singapore wants to bring their partner and dependent child with them, they can do so by applying for a Dependency Permit. The Incredibly dependent Permit is not valid if the close relative is not a legitimate partner or a dependent kid under the age of 21. They’ll mean a Lengthy visit permit instead. The Department of Labour and employment issues both the Dependant Permit and the long-term visit pass for family and friends of foreign laborers.
An LTVP allows an international worker to transfer a close relative to Singapore if the following conditions are met:
- Owners of an EntrePass: Companies must satisfy Singapore’s current yearly corporate expenditures and employment services standards.
- They have an Occupational Permit, Business Permit, Customized Occupation Pass, or EntrePass from Singapore.
- Stage process below the age of 21 and who is not married.
- Their guardians, requirements for each type of permit are quadrupled in this situation, including that of the number of community employees that EntrePass members must engage.
- Widely accepted partner.
- If the youngster is above 21 and has a physical or psychological disability that makes them reliant on their parents.
How to Apply for a Long-Term Visit Pass in Singapore?
Submit the application form and collect the necessary records. Then, submit the form and await a response from the Ministry of Labour. You will obtain an in-principal permission letter if you satisfactorily complete the assignment. Then you should invite your family participants to attend you. These are the ones you’ll be supporting. After you’ve all entered the country, you’ll need to go get a permit for each member of an organization.
The Department of Labour and employment issues this certificate, which gives you the constitutional work authorization for a Singaporean company. There is no limitation on the number of people a Singaporean company can acquire under a LOC, which makes LOC owners desirable job candidates for Singapore enterprises. An employee is eligible for a LOC if they have a DP that is linked to an Available Position, EntrePass, or Customizable Occupation Transfer that is available for a period of a month from the date of registration.
Another alternative is to have a Singapore Defined Benefit Findings Reveal that is linked to a Legal Resident or a Singaporeans National and is open for at least three months. Lastly, if you have a valid professional contract from a Singapore company, you can receive a LOC. On the representation of the holder of the long-term visit permit or DP, an authorized recruitment consultant or a potential employer submits an approach for a LOC. It is required that the informed permission be submitted.
Certificate of Permission that has been pre-approved:
The Pre-approved Letter of Permission was established by the Department of Labour, and it is a program that allows its possessor to lawfully work in Singapore. The PLOC does not necessitate you to have an offer of employment before applying, whereas the latter does. The PLOC is effective as soon as your LTVP/LTVP+ is active. In those other words, the PLOC gets useless if your LTVP/LTVP+ lapses or is terminated.
However, if you are unable to obtain a PLOC and intend to work in Singapore, you must request a Permission letter via your employer. You must have a Singapore national or naturalized citizen as a companion or unattached kid to qualify for a PLOC. Possessing an LTVP or an LTVP+ is yet another option.
Apart from the close relative who holds the primary work visa, DP and LTVP owners can qualify for the Singaporean Work Visa also called Employment Pass. An Occupational Permit provides more flexibility, and the holder could even assume executive positions in a Singaporean company. A DP or LTVP owner with an employment permit can extend or revoke the permit at any time without consideration for the close relative.
Duration of the Long-Term Visit Pass
Treatment depends on the cause for your application, the long-term visit pass can last up to two years in both circumstances. If you desire to accompany a friend who used to work in Singapore as a skilled migrant, your Permit will be valid for a similar period as their Open Work permit.
Documents Necessary For Singapore LTVP
All documentation must be authentic versions and written in English when registering for an LTVP. If they aren’t, they’ll need to be converted by an expert.
The documents required are as follows:
- Certificate for debarkation.
- Depending on Singapore image criteria, should have a current picture.
- Make a replica of the personal page of your visa.
Extra documents that are required are as follows:
- Document of Matrimony
- Documentation demonstrating both partners’ greatest degree of learning Separation certification, for either partner, if one of you has previously divorced.
- Qualification Certificate for Lengthy Visiting Passes
- Date Of Birth of a Child.
- Documentation relating to a mother’s passing or parenting.
- A statement from a general practitioner alerting the woman of her deadline and any difficulties.
- A statement from the family’s immigration office telling the kid that he or she would inherit the family’s citizenship and a travel document.
LTVP vs LTVP+
- If a multinational corporation of a Singaporean national has applied for LTVP, they are instantly evaluated for LTVP+ if they really are qualified.
- This access and quality international associates of SCs more assurance of residence by allowing time for a prolonged period of time.
- If their visa is extended, they will be able to stay in Singapore for another five years.
- Among international nations of Citizens (SCs) or Singaporean Legal Citizens, the Singapore Long Term Visit Pass-Plus (LTVP+) system was developed.
Singapore offers people a highly developed infrastructure, a business-friendly climate, and an exceptionally high standard of living. This is the primary reason why so many people desire to relocate to Singapore. In Singapore, there are numerous visas offered to individuals as well as family members of the visa holders. The Long-Term Visit Pass (LTVP) in Singapore is available to the Common-Law Spouse, Stepkid, or disabled kid of an Employment Pass or S Pass Owner. Pass owners who earn more than $12,000 have the option of obtaining a pass for their parents.
In order to apply for an LTVP, it is essential to comply with the requirements and fulfill the eligibility criteria. If you want to apply for an LTVP, you can speak with our professionals at OnDemand International. You will receive help from our professionals throughout the application process, and they will make sure that your application is approved.
One will need to get a work or occupational permit to work and get employed.
To prolong your LTVP, you must go through the similar steps you went through to get it in the initial instance.
The waiting period for a work permit is three weeks from the moment it is submitted. In some circumstances, such as MOM extra review and update or appealing submissions, you will need to wait a further 3–5 weeks after submitting the extra papers or appealing the decision.
You are qualified to apply for a Long-Term Visit Pass for your relatives if you meet the conditions stated below:
- You must possess an S-Pass or Employment Pass.
- You must have a set earning every month of $6,000.
- You are being sponsored by a legitimate business with a Singaporean registration.
This pass is offered for the family members listed below:
- Common-law spouse.
- Children with disabilities who are not married and older than 21.
- Stepchildren under 21 who are not married.
- Parents- For individuals with a stable monthly wage of at least SGD 12,000.