Singapore ONE Pass
Since a number of overseas employees relocate to Singapore to find employment, the Singaporean government has introduced a new work pass to attract foreign experts to the country beginning on January 1, 2023. This work pass is the Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore, also known as ONE Pass.
This work pass is a personalized pass for exceptional talent in all fields, especially business, the arts and humanities, sports, academics, as well as research. It enables qualified candidates to launch, run, and engage in several businesses in Singapore simultaneously. The ONE Pass is launched to make it easier for foreign talent to enter Singapore and to encourage cross-border cooperation.
Through this guide, we will be discussing how you can apply for the ONE Pass in Singapore. We will delve deeper into the requirements, paperwork, and differences between the ONE Pass and other work passes in Singapore.
Facts Related to the Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore
- In an effort to attract top talents, the Ministry of Manpower launched another work pass known as the Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore on 1 January 2023.
- This work pass is primarily intended for exceptional talent in commerce, the arts & humanities, sports, academics, and research.
- The ONE pass in Singapore is valid for a time frame of 5 years. It can be renewed thereafter once the renewal requirements are met.
- No foreign worker levy or quota applies to this work pass.
Who is eligible to file an application for ONE Pass in Singapore?
Applicants that fit the requirements can submit an application for the ONE Pass in Singapore. An employer or a designated employment firm can also submit applications on account of the applicant.
The Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore can be applied in a variety of ways, such as:
- Using the salary-based path
- Using the path based on exceptional accomplishments
1. Using the salary-based path
Candidates from abroad and those with active work permits are qualified to submit an application for ONE Pass in Singapore if they satisfy one of the following pay requirements:
- Earn a fixed monthly wage of no less than $30,000 in Singapore, or the equivalent amount in another currency, during the preceding year.
- Will be paid a minimum set monthly wage of S$30,000 by their potential employer, who is situated in Singapore.
The set amount of $30,000 must be provided by a single employer.
In addition to satisfying the pay requirements above, the individual must additionally satisfy the requirements listed in the following table:
If you are an international applicant
You must demonstrate that you have worked for a reputable company abroad for a minimum of one year.
You must demonstrate that you are going to be employed by a recognized business in Singapore.
If you already have a work pass
You must demonstrate that you have worked in Singapore for a minimum of twelve months.
You must demonstrate that you are going to be employed by a recognized business in Singapore.
2. Using the path based on exceptional accomplishments
People with exceptional accomplishments in the humanities and social sciences, sports, academics, and research may be eligible for the Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore without having to meet the wage requirement.
The academics and research are open to applicants who have a strong history of accomplishment in academic or scientific research and who have produced results from their study that have had a demonstrable positive impact.
The following documents have to be submitted by applicants in order to be taken into consideration for the exceptional performance track for research and academics.
- A thorough CV
- Letter of endorsement from the regional host research organization
Essential Paperwork for an Overseas Networks and Expertise Pass in Singapore
Applying for ONE Pass in Singapore is simple as long as you have the necessary documentation.
When submitting an application for an Overseas Networks and Expertise Pass in Singapore, you must upload the documents stated below:
- Biodata page for travel documents, including any updates
- Additionally, you will be required to send a note of explanation and any additional proof (such as a deed poll) if the individual’s name on their passport doesn’t match their other documentation.
Procedure to Apply for Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore
Follow the steps mentioned below in order to apply for the Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore:
1. Check your eligibility
One of the most crucial steps to apply for the Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore is to check if you qualify for the pass or not.
2. Collect the documents
If you qualify for the pass the next steps entail assembling the paperwork which will be required when you submit an application for ONE Pass in Singapore. Your passport, resume, recommendation letter, and other papers are among the required paperwork.
3. Submit the application
Once you have all the necessary paperwork, you can fill out the application to get the pass electronically through the MOM portal. You can submit your application online along with the necessary supporting documents, but you will need to pay a $105 application fee.
Note: It generally takes around 4 weeks for processing the application after it has been filed. If more details are necessary, the process can take longer.
4. Receive the in-principle approval (IPA) letter
The IPA letter is received once the application for the pass has been accepted. It is an already-approved single-entry visa to enter Singapore. It additionally specifies whether you’re required to get a medical checkup or not.
5. Request the ONE Pass from EPSC after entering Singapore
Schedule an appointment to have your pass granted at the Employment Pass Services Centre (EPSC) after entering Singapore. Bring supporting documents and make a payment of $225 for every pass.
The supporting documentation to be brought along includes:
- IPA Letter
- A copy of your passport
- Your home’s location in Singapore
- Your existing Short-Term Visit Pass information, if available.
- If necessary, the signed Medical Declaration Form.
- Details of the local address
6. Obtain the notification letter
The applicant will receive a notice letter once their paperwork has been filed.
The notification letter:
- Enables you to begin working and traveling within and outside of Singapore while you are awaiting the pass card.
- Specifies whether you require your fingerprints and picture taken during the card enrollment.
This letter is effective for one month after the date of issuance.
7. Register fingerprints and photographs
Within two weeks of receiving your pass, you must register your fingerprints and photograph. In order to achieve that you must schedule a meeting with the EPSC and present the necessary documentation:
- Original passport
- Notification letter
- Appointment letter
8. Acquire the card
After registering at EPSC and having your documentation confirmed, the card will be delivered to you within five business days.
Is it possible to renew a ONE Pass visa?
Yes, it is possible to renew the Overseas Networks and Expertise Pass in Singapore. The original validity period for the pass is 5 years. Thereafter it may be extended for additional periods of 5 years if the applicant satisfies the requirements for renewing the pass.
Requirements for Renewal of ONE Pass in Singapore
Once the ONE Pass in Singapore is renewed, it is valid for a time of 5 years.
Passholders must satisfy one of the following requirements in order to renew their passes:
- Make a fixed monthly wage of about S$30,000 in Singapore during the last five years.
- Founded and is running a business in Singapore with a minimum of 5 local employees who each generate earnings of approximately S$5,000 on a monthly basis.
What measures to take if your application for Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore has been denied?
If the ONE Pass application has been denied, the individual, an employment agency, or an employer has the right to appeal. A rejected ONE Pass application may only be appealed if the individual is able to resolve the reasons highlighted in the rejection advice.
Individuals have a minimum of 3 months to lodge an appeal for a rejected application. If the individual fails to send in the appeal by the deadline, the fresh application has to be resubmitted by the individual. The application has to be sent in via the MOM portal. Processing an application for appeal typically takes around 4 weeks.
Advantages of the ONE Pass in Singapore
The “ONE Pass” is a customized pass linked to the individual that provides increased career flexibility:
- You are allowed to launch, run, and work for many businesses simultaneously.
- If you switch occupations, there is no requirement to reapply for a fresh pass.
- A letter of consent might be written by your spouse.
- ONE Pass holder may bring certain members of their families to Singapore.
Canceling the Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore
An application to terminate the ONE Pass may be submitted by an employment agency or the owner of the pass. Your Overseas Networks & Expertise Pass must be canceled within seven days of your leave if you are no longer employed in Singapore.
The pass bearer can utilize the digital form presented by the MOM portal in order to submit an application for terminating the pass. The pass would be canceled within 3 days after the application to submit the pass has been made. In case you are still residing in Singapore after your pass has been revoked, then a Short-Term Visit Pass (STVP) can be issued.
Is it possible for ONE Pass holders to bring their families to Singapore?
|Relatives||Kind of Pass|
|Lawfully wedded partner||DP|
|Kids under the age of 21 who are not married, even lawfully adopted kids||DP|
|Kids with disabilities who are single and older than 21||LTVP|
|Stepchildren below 21 who are not married||LTVP|
What Makes the Singaporean "ONE Pass" Different From Other Work Passes?
This table below will explain how the ONE Pass in Singapore varies from other sorts of work passes available in the nation:
|Types of Work Pass||Who is eligible for the visa?||Validity Period||Renewable||Salary Requirements|
|ONE Pass||Outstanding talent in academics, science, business, the arts, and sports.||5 Years||Yes, Subsequent renewals: 5 years|
Earn a minimum set monthly wage of $30,000 over the previous year.
Will be employed by a Singapore-based company and get a set monthly wage of about SGD 30,000.
|Employment Pass||Professionals, managers, and executives from abroad who have an employment offer in Singapore||For a minimum of 2 years||Can be renewed for a minimum of 3 years||The minimum fixed monthly wage of S$ 5,000 and this amount gradually rises with age, reaching a maximum of $10,500 for people in their mid-forties.|
|Personalized Employment Pass(PEP)||Holders of high-paying employment pass or international professionals working abroad.||3 Years||NO|
Current EP owners must earn a stable monthly wage of no less than $12,000
Overseas nationals working abroad have a fixed monthly income of no less than $18,000.
|Entrepass||Qualified overseas business owners who want to run a venture-backed or technologically advanced operation in Singapore.||1 Year||Yes, for a period of 2 years|
There is no required minimum wage.
Book end-to-end experts consultation with Odint finance and legal experts
The Overseas Network and Expertise Pass in Singapore serves as a valuable opportunity for international professionals by sharing their knowledge and connections throughout the world. It enables qualified candidates to launch, run, and work for several businesses in Singapore at the same time.
Singapore’s ONE Pass visa stimulates innovation, improves global collaboration, and solidifies the nation’s position as a hub for talent and knowledge exchange by expediting the application process and offering a pathway for competent persons.
If you want to operate and work for several corporations at the same time, you should get ONE Pass. At Odint Consulting, our seasoned professionals are dedicated to guiding you through the process of acquiring this work pass.
With our extensive expertise in visa acquisition, we ensure that your application is meticulously prepared, minimizing the risk of rejection. Trust us to provide comprehensive support, ensuring a smooth and successful ONE Pass application experience.
The ONE Pass in Singapore is valid for a time of 5 years.
Here are the requirements to fulfill for renewing the ONE Pass in Singapore:
- During the last five years, earn a fixed monthly wage of roughly S$30,000 in Singapore.
- Established and operated a business in Singapore with a minimum of 5 local staff members who each bring in about S$5,000 per month.
- ONE Pass is for exceptional talent in all fields, encompassing business, the arts and humanities, athletics, academia, and research whereas the Employment Pass is for overseas executives, managers, and professionals who have job offers in Singapore.
- ONE Pass is valid for 2 years whereas an Employment Pass is valid for 2 years.
ONE Pass offers job flexibility by enabling qualified candidates to work for various businesses in Singapore at once.
Certain family members may travel to Singapore with ONE Pass holders.