Overview: What Is A Singpass & Registration Process Of Singpass
Singpass is called the Singapore Personal Access which is the digital identity of every person residing in the country. It is a trusted identity source for every Singaporean resident that provides them easy access to all the government sector services as well as private sector services online and in person.
It allows the residents to connect and transact with the government agencies online and also lets you access your personal information easily. Singpass has a login id and password for every individual to access their account. Also, it has two-factor authentication for e-transactions which require sensitive data to remain secure. It generates a one-time password-only accessible to you for the higher safety of transactions.
A Singpass is also required when you’re registering a company in Singapore through ACRA, the Accounting and Corporate Regulatory Authority of Singapore. The registration of any company is done through Bizfile, which is the online filing and information retrieval system of ACRA. A person must have a Singpass account in order to carry out transactions through Bizfile.
In this article, we will be going to discuss in brief about the various registration process for Singpass and the eligibility criteria to acquire a singpass.
Registration Process Of Singpass
If you’re eligible to apply for a singpass, its process of registration can be done comfortably through its official website. The citizens and residents of Singapore can also get the registration done physically by visiting the nearest counter location in their area.
The process for online registration is as follows:
- The first step is to provide all the necessary information and documents such as passport, driving license, valid permits, work permit, etc. as mentioned on the website.
- After applying, the password that is generated through Singpass will be mailed to the mentioned address within five days.
- Thereafter, your singpass account will be successfully created through which you can connect and transact with all the government provided facilities.
- In order to register a business with ACRA, you must create a Singpass ID beforehand in order to connect through Bizfile and conduct smooth and efficient transactions.
Procedure For Establishing Your SingPass Account
Once you’ve signed up for SingPass, you can create a SingPass account either through the SingPass portal or SingPass app.
You should connect in along with your SingPass ID and password while creating your SingaPass account through the SingPass portal.
- Firstly, on the Singpass login screen, click the “Password login” option.
- The second step is to submit your Singpass ID and password.
- Last but not least, use Singpass Face Verification to scan your face or provide an OTP delivered to your linked contact number through SMS.
Using only your smartphone, fingerprints, face, or 6-digit code, you can enter online services using the Singpass app.
If you’re using the Singpass app to log in, then follow these instructions:
- Firstly, open the Singpass application and scan the QR code that appears on the access screen.
- Next, on the Singpass application, you can authenticate your identification using your fingerprints, face, or 6-digit code.
Eligibility Requirements For Singpass
In order to apply for a Singpass, there are certain eligibility criteria that must be taken care of. These eligibility requirements are briefly discussed below.
- Singpass is available to all citizens and residents of Singapore as well as foreigners from other nationalities.
- The minimum age to apply for a singpass is 15 years.
- You must be a holder of either of these passes – Employment Pass, Dependant Pass, S Pass, EntrePass, or LTV Pass.
You possess a Foreign Identity Number (FIN), are a Singaporean citizen or are a permanent resident.
Verify the address listed on your FIN or NRIC card is accurate.
A singpass is for personal use only and should only be accessed by the actual holder of the account. It is a personalized portal offering you the services that make your life as well as your business activities easier. It acts as an identity of the person, whether he or she is a citizen, resident or a worker in Singapore. The credentials of your singpass must be kept safe and secure and should be kept in a way that it is not be accessible by anyone.
A singpass works as an identity for your legal residence or employment in Singapore. It is a personalized and protected tool that lets you avail yourself of the digital services being offered by the government of Singapore.
If you wish to apply for a Singpass, it is best to advise you to seek assistance from a professional from Odint Consulting to avoid any errors while applying it.
It is not necessary to apply for a Singpass Foreign user Account because all Singapore citizens, permanent residents, passholders, and workers are eligible for a Singpass Account.
Now, you can use your fingerprint (on some smartphones) or a 6-digit passcode to access services provided by the public and commercial sectors.
A Singpass Foreign user Account, also known as an SFA, is given to overseas interacting with individuals (also known as Foreign ID users) so they can utilize certain private and government digital facilities.
For the time being, there are no fees associated with using the Portal.
Every Singaporean’s trusted digital identification enabling quick, safe access to more than 2,000 public and private services is called Singpass. This can be done both online and in person.
All Singaporeans, including citizens, permanent residents, and people of other nations (foreign nationals), are eligible to apply.